Interview Nineteen: Lillian Klein
Tell us 5 things about you…
- I’m one of 5 children! We grew up in Auckland, New Zealand but currently are all living in different countries.
- I’ve spent the last year and a half traveling the world, mainly through Indonesia but also Europe!
- I’m a freediving instructor
- I’m an aunty!!! My most favourite role I’ve ever had.
- I left my job in April last year intending to travel until Christmas, but I met my partner overseas and we’re still traveling…
What is your favourite thing to do for you, daily?
Take 5 to sit down and enjoy a coffee! I’m someone who doesn’t sit still often but I love the feeling when I do and coffee is a good excuse.
What is something you live by (or aim to live by)?
To not hold expectations. This comes in so many forms but when for example when traveling I try not to have expectations of the next place we’re visiting. For myself I’ve let go of what I thought I’d be doing at this age and am instead enjoying what I’m actually doing. I could never have anticipated to be living this travel lifestyle for so long!
What advice would you give to yourself that you wish were told?
Go with it! To not hold onto expectations you had growing up of what you’d be doing where and at what age. Life’s so fluid and ever changing, you’re thinking needs to match that if you’re going to enjoy it.
Favourite meal currently?
Fresh fruit and muesli with buffalo yoghurt! The fresh produce here is incredible and the buffalo yoghurt is made down the road.
What is coming up next for you?
Joe and I are traveling Sri Lanka and Indonesia for another 6 weeks before we jump on a plane to Australia and find somewhere to live. We’re thinking somewhere between Newcastle and Byron Bay so watch this space.
What L’aura the Label piece do you love / wear the most? Why?
My white May wrap top!! It goes with everything and is so comfortable. I didn’t bring it traveling as it’s white but it’s something I wish I had on me.
What drew you to L’aura the Label at the beginning?
Supporting my beautiful friend Laura who I met in art class in year 9.